Directorate "Testing and Control of Armaments, Equipment and Materials"
|Head of "Testing and Control of Armaments, Equipment and Materials"||colonel||
- supports organizing and carrying out the scientific-research, experimental-design and test activity of the Defence Institute, by maintaining and widening the accreditation scope of the laboratories;
- contributes to the metrological service of the Ministry of Defence, the Bulgarian Army and the subordinate structures;
- calibrates and verifies measuring devices, maintaining departmental measure standards and guarantying traceability to the national standards;
- organizes and conducts metrological training of metrology specialists of the Ministry of Defence, the Bulgarian Army and the subordinate structures;
- organizes and performs tests and measurements during the whole life cycle of defence products, in accordance with the methods and requirements of Bulgarian, international and specialized standards, programs and methodologies;
- supports with scientific-technical expertise the activities of design and construction of integrated projects in the sphere of defence and national security of the county, as well as in the field of the armed forces;
- supports to the preparation of tactical-technical tasks, technical specifications and expertise, programs and methodologies for testing, calibration and verification of measuring devices, as well to the preparation of standardization and other documents, related to the acquisition of defence products;
- organizes and conducts an Expert Technical Council to the directorate.