CENTRAL TESTING LABORATORY OF LOGISTIC PROPERTIES (CTL of LP) is established in 1994.
In 2012, the laboratory is accredited in accordance with Standard BDS EN ISO / IEC 17025 "General Requirements on the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories", by the "Bulgarian Accreditation Service" Executive Agency (EA BSA), through Order № 585 / 14.05.2012 and Certificate Reg. № 33LI/14.05.2012, valid till 31.05.2016.
After successful passing a planned control, the Central Testing Laboratory for Logistic Properties has been re-accredited and extended its accreditation with an order № A 456 / 13.12.2018, valid till 31.05.2020.
Today, the laboratory is functioning as a department of the "Testing and Control of Armaments, Equipment and Materials" Directorate to the Defence Institute “Professor Tsvetan Lazarov”, aiming to perform tasks in tests scope (for which it has been accredited), as well as to perform some scientific research tasks.
Tests are being performed in two main directions:
- Testing some products of external clients for technological needs or for delivery of contract logistic items;
- Tests of ready-to-use end products and materials for a quality assessment, during the logistic items delivery process.
The main scope of activity of the Central Testing Laboratory for Logistic Properties relates to testing of logistic items and materials, as follows:
- threads and yarns;
- woven fabrics, non-woven and knitwear;
- ready-to-use end products - knit and sewing, passemanterie products.
- soft leather, fur leather;
- stiff leather;
- whole shoes and their components;
- leather clothing, leather gloves.