Professional field: 5.3 "Communication and Computer Equipment"
Field of higher education: 5 "Technical Sciences"
The doctoral program "Radio Transmission and Radio Reception Equipment" provides the acquisition of the necessary knowledge, skills and professional competencies for the development and successful defence of a dissertation. The training is carried out in a regular and independent form of training with a duration of up to three years, and in part-time and by distance form of training with a duration of up to four years. Those who successfully defend their dissertations acquire the educational and scientific degree of "Doctor" in "Radio Transmission and Radio Reception Equipment"
Objectives of the doctoral program:
The doctoral program "Radio Transmission and Radio Reception Equipment" aims to prepare highly qualified specialists with educational and scientific degree "Doctor" with in-depth theoretical knowledge, skills to work with modern software products for analysis and design of radio transmission and radio reception equipment, as well as modules and devices connected to them. They must acquire practical experience and opportunities for conducting teaching and research activities in higher education institutions (HEIs) and research units, as well as production management for the needs of various private, corporate and state-owned companies in the field of information and telecommunications technologies.
Those who have acquired the educational and scientific degree "Doctor" in the doctoral program are specialists prepared for:
• teaching activity in a university, with engineering orientation;
• research activity in scientific institutes and research units in companies;
• design and use of communication devices and modules for construction of radio communication networks and systems;
• introduction of modern technologies related to the use of high-speed digital communication protocols and technologies.
Scope of the doctoral program
The program has a multi and interdisciplinary nature. It is characterized by in-depth knowledge of basic, engineering and applied sciences, communication technologies, computer science, mathematics and others. It has a specific practical focus on security and defence.
Upon successful completion of their training, students are expected to have:
• Innovative skills in connection with computer design and analysis of processes and problems for quality of telecommunications environment services;
• Organizational and managerial activity in universities, research units and companies with production and trade orientation in the field of modern communication and information systems;
• Organizational and managerial activity in foreign representations for production and trade activity in the field of radio transmitting and receiving equipment;
• Mastering the methods of research in the field of modern radiocommunication technologies for the implementation of radio transmitting and receiving radio modules / devices, in the implementation of high-speed transmission media, radio communication protocols, digital methods and standards for radio signal propagation and data transmission using modern radio technologies;
• High level of knowledge in fundamental areas such as mathematics, physics, circuitry, radio engineering and specialized fields, such as mobile communication networks, digital radio communications, special purpose radiocommunication networks, close and interacting with the field of "Communication and Information Technologies", using of cryptographic methods for information protection.
Opportunities for realization
Those who have acquired the educational and scientific degree "Doctor" under the doctoral program "Radio Transmitting and Radio Receiving Equipment" can be realized in the field of communication and computer equipment as:
• teachers in universities, colleges and schools with engineering orientation;
• researchers in scientific institutes and research units in companies;
• highly qualified specialists in companies with subject of activity design, realization, research and use of radio communication networks, devices and systems;
• management staff in universities, colleges and schools with engineering orientation, research units and companies with production and trade orientation in the field of radio transmission and radio reception equipment and technologies; and others.